Friday, May 20, 2011

Celestial Signs: Massing of Planets - and May 21 "The Rapture"? Harold Camping and 1994

There are two current events I want to address, the planetary massings in the east, plus Harold Camping's declaration that tomorrow as I write, May 21, is "the rapture" date, to be followed 5 months later by something like the end of the world as we know it.

First, Camping's expectation. I would bet my life it won't happen that way. This is not because "no one will know" when such events will occur, because some certainly will. It's not because Harold Camping is not mainstream or accepted by what is considered mainstream christianity because the biblical declaration is that what we consider mainstream will necessarily be deceived in the matter, which reveals that those who will know will be considered "fringe," mavericks. Why am I so sure? I know this will sound like a foolish statement to most folks but one can only really be certain of what and when something isn't when one knows what and when something is. I've already written at length about these matters, and I suspect a series of blog posts will be forthcoming before long but this is not yet the beginning of such as that.

Harold caused a similar stir back in 1994. I was very aware of it at the time since my buddy "Uncle Stew" Mulligan was fascinated with his radio presentations and had an interest in Camping's book titled "1994." If you're familiar with The Open Scroll and Beyond The Veil you know that what began for me now 20 years past had taken me to a place of being pretty knowledgeable about times and seasons by 1994. I had a substantial basis by which to discern Camping's reasonings and considered evidence. I judged it as wholly flawed, containing nothing of legitimate value. When the targeted time came and went, Harold Camping did what many of you would recognize as a familiar routine. He back-pedaled, found another gear and kept on pedaling and peddling to come back and do it again. I have nothing to say about the validity of any particular claim he now makes because I have no idea what supposed evidence or reasonings have been put forth. Sunday the 22nd, expect another round of what followed in 1994.

Regarding the massings of planets near the rising sun, the 21st (Camping's targeted day) stands out for me as the day of peak interest with regard to the arrangement of the planets. This is based upon my historical observations of two very substantial celestial signs. As yet, I don't claim having revelation insight about what it means, though I will share some suspicions.



Early this morning I drove to a place where I could see the planets. I didn't take binoculars and could only see Jupiter and Venus. You can see them in this picture if you look hard enough. It was a spectacular scene! The sky was already brightening when I came to where they could be spotted. I live not too far west of a mountain range so I have to get fairly high up to see anything much in the rising.

14) And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15) And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Genesis 1:14-15


This event reminded me only vaguely of when I watched the sign of Genesis 49:10 unfold back in 1991. There are some similarities and there are notable differences that I'll relate to you but I think it's particularly helpful to offer some context right up front. Because the celestial sign of 1991 already established the time of Y'shua's coming in judgment, any other celestial events do nothing to alter that but surely do fill in the gaps on related activity.

That needs to be set forth here because so many people are looking for signs in an attempt to discover when Jesus is coming. I never did that. I was sincerely looking for the day of my Lord's coming but not for knowledge of when the day would be. I had been sold on the notion that no one could or would know that, and, not knowing any better, had accepted it. I had also been disciplined in the notion that signs follow believers, and not the other way around. I'm still ok with that. :) When the Lord presented me with the celestial sign there was no denying that He had brought it because the whole of the matter was consistent with His dealings with me from the beginning. I wasn't looking for a sign, but I was ready for what He brought me to, prepared and equipped. Those who reject that sign seek another. As for me, when I look for something I stop after I'm convinced that I've found it. Sane folk are just that way, you know.

I've observed that some folks who don't acknowledge the sign just seem to have to be the one to bring it themselves. Some may think this about me, that I have to be the one. Think what you will. I'm wrong or I'm right. This is more about you - what's your call on the sign? What's your call on what it means? It matters!

This animation represents the activity surrounding the sign of Genesis 49:10, observed in 1991.

I mentioned some similarities and notable differences with other signs. Here's some observations. The signs of Y'shua's birth and His coming in judgment were preceded by a massing of planets in Leo and the configurations that followed were described in detail in the scriptures. Earlier this month, the same four planets, Jupiter, Mars, Mercury and Venus massed in one constellation, in Pisces. The massing preceding the other signs occurred in Leo, in the Fall. The sign marking Y'shua's birth is described in Revelation 12:1. The sign of His coming in judgment is described in Genesis 49:10. If there is a sign happening now that's described in the scriptures, I just know that I don't know it.

The most interesting configuration I see is in the sky today and tomorrow, in the region of Aries near Cetus. Pursue it further according to your own interest at the Lord's leading. You'll find what Bullinger has written of interest, but don't read this like the Bible. D. James Kennedy did a presentation on the subject years ago that was a vast improvement in some regards, but neither is his work authoritative. The holy spirit - accept no substitute for the leading that leads no one astray. As another resource, I like Sky View Cafe a wonderful online interactive planetarium.

1) The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2) Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3) There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4) Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5) Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6) His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
Psalm 19:1-6

Finally, my suspicion about what the planetary configurations might mean. War. The planets are not engaging with prominent nearby stars so while there's nothing brought into the narrative by that means it doesn't mean there's nothing being said. The three planets involved are Mars, Venus and Mercury. As I understand it, Venus and Mercury are the customary attendants giving a birth announcement. Mars - Michael - war.

The only revelation insight I have about a ram (which is what Aries represents in zodiacal pictograph and by interpretation of known star names) relates to Daniel 8. I've written at length about this chapter as pertaining to America in the latter days as the shaggy goat and conflicts with Iraq and Iran. After America has broken the power of both kings over these lands, America's own power will be broken. I've been expecting the second then third kings to fall for some time now, since Saddam Hussein fell.

As for Cetus, the sea monster, I relate this zodiacal decan to the Beast of Revelation 13 seen rising out of the sea. This too relates to America, this Atlantis (Francis Bacon, John Dee [Chris Pinto]), out of which will appear that very Beast.

Ominous? Yes. Am I suggesting the possibility of the lawless one being revealed now? No. The thirteenth day of the first month came and went already. Neither is it the right year.

I'll leave this to your further study, as the Lord leads - and we shall see what we shall see as we watch together in the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne. I'd like to discuss your comment. Please email me at my gmail address. Your profile has no access info by which to contact you directly. Bob

    ReplyDelete