Friday, January 06, 2012

Youtube Kills Katy Perry Video

The Katy Perry Reverse Speech video I posted to YouTube (of her song E.T.) was removed today and another strike marked against me for copyright infringement. At some point, it's very likely that my account will be deleted as they threaten - probably on that pretext. The freedom we've enjoyed on many fronts is slipping away. My use of the material was what's called fair use and had been tagged as such, (This video is protected as an instance of ***FAIR USE*** Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107) but it cast the record company and everyone behind the promotion of Perry in a light they don't want to be seen in. For this reason I could post nothing of Rango without it being immediately blocked, even though others have posted lengthy clips that remain available, unblocked. One has to choose their battles, and this one is not mine. I do hope you were able to see it while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment