A very long time ago, the tribes of Israel were led into captivity and filtered through the Assyrian and Babylonian cultures on their way to being scattered across the globe. Some time later, believers in the way who named Y'shua the risen son of YHVH as their savior and Lord were filtered and dispersed in a manner not to dissimilar, largely in the West through the Roman culture. Today's practices still reflect those influences, which in biblical terms we call idolatry. Through syncretism or a merging process the effective corruption of what had been more pure continues to honor the ancient gods under the guise of Judaism and Christianity. This is the Devil's work, of course, but the Sovereign God assures it will serve to accomplish His own plans, nothing more and nothing less.
I've written about the birth of my Lord and about Christmas on occasion, sharing a variety of insights that are in some instances rather profound. Some of this is hard to hear, but as the hour is late, such things are most necessary. Here are a few links.
- Christmas Time is Here! Decisions, decisions, decisions.
- Stars On Top - Christmas Tree! Alex Jones MoneyBomb! Texaco, and More!
- The Story of Christmas that Should be Told
- When Jesus was Born - The Celestial Signs
- What Was it That is Called the Star of Bethlehem
- The Year of His Coming: 1991 - Part I
- The Year of His Coming: 1991 - Part II
2) Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3) For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4) They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. ~ Jeremiah 10:2-4