Monday, December 06, 2010

Part 9: Jezebel vs Sarah - "Um, pardon me. Do you smell mutton on my breath?"

Continuing from Jezebel - How Goes the Battle?, I encourage you once again to be patient with this work and let it unfold with a meekness before the Lord. If you've had a conviction about yourself or any of your relationships during this series it may be very helpful to keep reading through the posts in this series and the resources linked to catch what was missed or just keep these things fresh in mind. It began with this post, Exposing the Enemy's Scheme - Jezebel and Control.

Those who are blind with a spiritual blindness don't know they're blind. This is how the spell of deception operates. It's no real help [note: wildly understated] to those of us who would like to be delivered from darkness of every shade. It doesn't help to just tell us we're blind, deaf or sick when the indicators are hidden from us. "I'm not aware of any symptoms of disease, so, what do you mean, I'm sick?" When I talk to some people about what I see being signaled in logos, etc, even when they might be polite enough not to tell me directly that I'm loco, I can read the response in their eyes and body language. I see it, they don't. Ditto, reverse speech. Those who can't see or hear are oblivious to that fact so it appears to do no good to simply point that out.

When we're not so arrogant as to think we see every thing there is to be seen, evidence of more can be considered as just that, evidence of more. Humility is the key. Humility is the basis for a relationship with the Lord where He will open our eyes and ears. The deep problem with Jezebel is that there is no humility, only pride. Sadly, those who need this help most will never receive it until severe judgment falls.

To picture Jezebel as a wolf in sheep's clothing is a fair depiction of some who operate in the spirit of Jezebel, but there's more to be understood about that representation. Those who are controlled are deceived. They see no wolf. So far as I can tell, in my experience, everyone seems absolutely convinced they are a sheep. So, if you and I think we're sheep, we might be but perhaps not: How can we tell since it is implicit that we are deceived about our condition? I have a suggestion, for those of you who are willing to accept whatever it might be that we discover.

23) Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
24) And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.

Psalm 139:23-24

That should do it. Given the nature of control spirits, this suggestion may also be helpful. Since sheep don't eat sheep, you might find a few people to ask, "Um, pardon me. Do you smell mutton on my breath?" Since you can't really do an effective "breath check" on yourself, if you ask trustworthy people who will give an honest report you might seriously consider their testimony. Due to the nature of Jezebel, it's generally best to ask men, if possible, particularly those who have had some experience in the matter. The "mutton breath" bit is just a figure, of course. What I mean by that is, if you're eating other sheep you're not acting like a sheep but a wolf. If you're operating in your relationships after the manner commonly documented in the resources I've been recommending, you've got mutton on your breath.

If the report comes that you are part wolf, what then? Repent. The nature of that recovery is what's being addressed in this blog, the matters of love and obedience. Forgiveness and mercy are most essential.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:25 AM

    I just recently discovered your blog. I'm going through all the entries to read the entire thing. I am new to this "watching", but I know we are at the end and I want to be doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

    A question... if you have some insight into this... I just realized that Dec. 21st this year is a full lunar eclipse, as well as being yule, as well as 12/21/2010... each adding to 3. Wonder if this is of some significance. Seems like it can't not be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog! Watching is a very fruitful endeavor, as you have recently discovered.

    Being that the 12/21/2001 sums to 9 and the date presents an even distribution of 3 sums to 3, I think that should alert us to be particularly watchful for signs occurring on that day. Ditto, 12/12/2010, which is this coming Sunday.

    Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete