Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Part 8 - A Bioforming Pandemic: Update on Flu Activity and Warnings from Insiders and Experts


By Aaron Hermann

There have been widespread reports of the rapid increase of flu cases nationwide and in Europe.  While I believe that one aspect of the coverage being given to the flu is to continue the push to vaccinate as many people as possible, a recent experience in the emergency room leads me to believe that the reports of the severity and number of cases are legitimate.

I was in one of the larger emergency rooms in Pittsburgh last week and the entire emergency department was full.  All of the rooms were occupied and every available space in all of the hallways were occupied by beds.  Patients were everywhere and I was one of those stuck in a hallway.

My nurse said that it had been that busy since late December and there was no end in sight.  My doctor informed me that people have been dealing with respiratory infections for two and three months.  Whether this is the beginning of the bio forming pandemic we have been watching for, just an unusually bad flu season, or another trial run and analysis of the results serving as a precursor to the potential bioforming pandemic event I cannot say.  However, this situation is most certainly worth watching.


As unsettling as all of this may seem, rest assured that The Sovereign God has seen this coming and is in complete control of everything that is transpiring. Draw near to the Lord while He may be found!

*****Update: Wednesday, January 9, 2013*****

I neglected to mention another important take-away from my trip to the emergency room last week. (For those who have e-mailed, I was not there because of the flu but due to a chronic condition). I overheard one of the nurses on the phone with the admissions department and she was informing the person that there were patients in the ER who had been waiting since the early evening the previous night for a room. It was nearly 6pm when this conversation took place, so some patients had been waiting at least 12-24 hours for a room.

While I do not watch, nor endorse, any mainstream news program a family member insists on watching the NBC Nightly News every night and there were reports from all over the country of hospitals not having enough rooms to accommodate patients and many of the patients were forced to stay in the ER, which I had a chance to witness first-hand.

I also wanted to update the post with some of these pertinent links:


In closing, I would like to leave with the Word of comfort that only The True Sovereign God can provide:

5 You will not be afraid of the terror by night,
Or of the arrow that flies by day;
6 Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon.
7 A thousand may fall at your side
And ten thousand at your right hand,
But it shall not approach you.
8 You will only look on with your eyes
And see the recompense of the wicked.
9 For you have made the Lord, my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
10 No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
~ Psalm 91: 5-10


By Aaron Hermann

No comments:

Post a Comment